Please note the following updates regarding the Research Support Fund:
- The Government of Canada announced $9 million in Budget 2015 and $19 million in Budget 2016 to support the RSF. These additional funds will be allocated to eligible institutions in fall 2016.
- The “Affiliated Institutions Validation Form” has been renamed the “Affiliated Organizations Validation Form.” In the form, “institution” refers to the eligible postsecondary institution (or applicant) receiving an RSF grant and “organization” refers to all affiliated organizations. This is to distinguish the applicant from the affiliated organizations.
- All institutions must submit the Affiliated Organizations Validation Form as a Word document. PDFs will not be accepted.
- The Accountability and public acknowledgment page has been updated to clarify reporting requirements and deadlines. This includes clearer instructions on how to set and report on performance objectives, indicators and target outcomes.
- The Excel spreadsheets detailing the tri-agency funding from 2014-15 are available on the RSF-CRC Data Breakdown sharing site.
- Notional grant amounts for 2016-17 are now available.