What is the Research Support Fund?
The Research Support Fund assists Canadian postsecondary institutions with the costs associated with managing their research enterprise, helping them to maintain a world-class research environment. Grants can be used to:
- maintain modern labs and equipment;
- provide access to up-to-date knowledge resources;
- provide research management and administrative support;
- meet regulatory and ethical standards; or
- transfer knowledge from academia to the private, public and not-for-profit sectors,
…helping to make Canada a world leader in research and development.
The bottom line is that improved infrastructure significantly contributes to enabling leading-edge research.
—The University of British Columbia